Governance & Accreditation
Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS)
NTCC is governed by the Louisiana Community & Technical College System Board of Supervisors. The LCTCS Board is composed of members appointed by the Governor with consent of the Senate, two from each of the seven congressional districts with one at-large member. Each member serves overlapping six-year terms, and the Board is constitutionally required to be representative of the state’s population by race and gender to ensure diversity.
There are two students members – one elected by and from membership of a council composed of the student body presidents of the community colleges and one student elected by and from the membership of a council composed of student body presidents of each of the seven technical colleges under the supervision and management of the LCTCS Board. Each student member serves a one-year term.
More information about the LCTCS Board of Supervisors can be found at the following webpage: https://www.lctcs.edu/board/index.
The College is led by Dr. William S. Wainwright, serving in the capacity of Chancellor, since August 2011. Learn more about Dr. Wainwright and his administrative team members on the following webpage: Link to NTCC Administration webpage.
Northshore Technical Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, technical diplomas, and certificates. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Northshore Technical Community College.
- View our Institution Details from the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Specific Accreditations
In addition to NTCC’s accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, technical diplomas, and certificates, the college offers many programs that have specialized accreditations from state, regional, and/or national professional associations and boards. A list of those specialized accreditations is provided below.
- The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program at the Sullivan Campus is accredited by Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Excellence.
- The Automotive Technology program at the Rayburn Correctional Center is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- The Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program at the Sullivan Campus is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- The Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health Systems Pharmacist (ASHSP).
- The Practical Nursing program is accredited by Louisiana State Board Practical Nursing Examiners (LSBPNE)
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Institutional Advisory Committee
NTCC convenes an Institutional Advisory Committee with representation from each of the areas served by its campuses. In addition, the main campus and the branch campuses utilize the expertise and knowledge of those individuals who will eventually employ our students to give us advice and guidance. The Institutional Advisory Committee is made up of three or more members external to the college, meets at least once annually with a majority of official members present, and keeps minutes of each meeting to document their activities and recommendations.
Occupational Advisory Committees
Occupational Advisory Committees are formed for each program of study. Each committee consists of at least three individuals external to the institution and meets twice annually. The committees review and give input about the mission, objectives, and curriculum content of the training programs. Employers that hire students of NTCC serve on these occupational advisory committees.