Governance & Accreditation
Northshore Technical Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Northshore Technical Community College also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Northshore Technical Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
- View our Institution Details from the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Specific Accreditations
In addition to NTCC’s accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, technical diplomas, and certificates, the college offers many programs that have specialized accreditations from state, regional, and/or national professional associations and boards. A list of those specialized accreditations is provided below.
- The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration programs at the Hammond Area Campus and Sullivan Campus are accredited by Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Excellence.
- The Automotive Technology program at the Florida Parishes Campus and the Rayburn Correctional Center is accredited by the National Institute For Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- The Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program at the Sullivan Campus is accredited by the National Institute For Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- The Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health Systems Pharmacist (ASHSP).
- The Practical Nursing program is accredited by Louisiana State Board Practical Nursing Examiners (LSBPNE)
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS)
NTCC is governed by the Louisiana Community & Technical College System Board of Supervisors. The LCTCS Board is composed of members appointed by the Governor with consent of the Senate, two from each of the seven congressional districts with one at-large member. Each member serves overlapping six-year terms, and the Board is constitutionally required to be representative of the state’s population by race and gender to ensure diversity.
There are two students members – one elected by and from membership of a council composed of the student body presidents of the community colleges and one student elected by and from the membership of a council composed of student body presidents of each of the seven technical colleges under the supervision and management of the LCTCS Board. Each student member serves a one-year term.
More information about the LCTCS Board of Supervisors can be found at the following webpage: https://www.lctcs.edu/board/index.
In June 2023, Dr. William S. Wainwright, serving in the capacity of Chancellor since August 2011, was appointed as the 15th President of Southeastern Louisiana University. At that time, Dr. Jim Carlson was appointed as Interim Chancellor of Northshore Technical Community College. Learn more about Dr. Carlson and his administrative team members on the following webpage: Link to NTCC Administration webpage.